home / clep
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The University Testing Center administers CLEP exams, which enable students to demonstrate
college-level achievement and earn credit through exams. The proctoring fee for CLEP exams is $25.00, payable
to the University Testing Center prior to testing. A student ID, driver's license, passport, or military ID is
necessary to test and process payment.
Before scheduling an appointment with the University Testing Center, students must first register for CLEP exams.
For assistance or to schedule an exam, call the University Testing Office at 812-237-7666. Students must obtain
an academic advisor's approval prior to scheduling an exam. Students are responsible for designating
their scores be reported to ISU.
Guidelines for Credit
- Students must obtain their academic advisor's approval prior to registering for any examination to
ensure departmental standards are satisfied.
- Credit earned through the Credit by Exam Program may apply toward graduation or degree requirements or elective hours within individual programs.
- Students do not receive a grade for credit earned through the examinations.
- No credit is awarded in a general examination area if the student has completed two or more
college-level courses in that general examination area.
- No credit is awarded in a subject examination if the student has already earned college-level
credit in that subject area.
- Students cannot receive duplicate credit. Therefore, it is important for students to plan their
academic schedule with an academic advisor.
Last updated: March 17, 2014