registration is now closed.
TO SEE A COPY OF THE HANDOUT FROM THE PARENT
INFORMATION MEETING, PLEASE REFER TO THE "PARENT/GUARDIAN MEETING"
SECTION BELOW THAT
WAS UPDATEd 7/19/2013.
summer science camp 2013
For Elementary & MIDDLE SCHOOL Students
The camp is open to children who will be enrolled in grades K-7 next
academic year (2013-2014).
Children who enroll in the camp will be divided into three groups
according to next year's grade level.
Dates & Location
- Summer Science Camp 2013 will be held July 24 - August 8,
2013. During this period, the camp will not meet Fridays,
Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Most activities will take place on the ISU campus in the Science
Building. However, field trips may take students off campus. The
times of departure and arrival for the field trips may differ from
the regular session time.
** UPDATED 7-19-2013 **
- We will have 3 field trips this year -- two half-day local
trips and one long distance trip.
- The first half-day field trip will be on July 29, 2013.
This will be a tour of TV station, WTWO, located in Farmersburg, IN.
- The all-day trip
will be a visit to the Indianapolis Zoo on July 31,
- The last field trip, which will be a half-day trip, will take
place on August 5, 2013 and will include a visit to the Terre Haute
- The registration fee is $100 per student.
- If the registration fee poses a financial hardship, please contact
Tammy Barnes at the Science Education Office to make special payment
arrangements. Tammy may be reached by calling 812-237-3010 or by
How to register
- THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE REGISTERED. Unfortunately, we
cannot take new registrations due to reaching maximum enrollment.
- Phone: 812-237-3010. Location: Room 191,
- Please call ahead before visiting the office in person.
** UPDATED 7-19-2013 **
Parent/Guardian INFORMATION meeting
- There was a Parent/Guardian Information Meeting, on July 17,
2013 at 6:30 p.m.
- Please click here to download a PDF file, containing the handout
that was distributed at the meeting.
About the Camp Instructors
- The camp is sponsored by the ISU Center for Science Education.
Elementary education students, in the process of completing the
Center's science methods course, will serve as the instructors of
- The student instructors will be supervised and mentored by
licensed teachers. Additional direction and
supervision will be provided by Dr. Eulsun Seung, the instructor of
the Center's science methods course, SCED 393/SCED 393L.
- The education majors and other persons working with the camp have passed criminal background checks.
LOCATION OF THE CHILDREN'S CLASSROOMS
- The camp will meet in the Science
Building. Group A (grades K-2) will meet in Room 185; Group B (grades
3-4) is assigned to Room 183; and the Group C (grades 5-7) classroom will
be in the lower level of the Science Building, Room 58.
DROP OFF/PICKUP LOCATION and TIME
- While summer science camp is in session, children should be
dropped off and picked up from a central location. This year in 2013 the location
will be at Fifth and Chestnut streets, near the Hulman Memorial
Student Union (HMSU). The drop off time will be between 7:45 a.m. and 7:55 a.m.
each morning. Your children will be
escorted, by University students, from
the central location to their classroom in the Science
Building. Any child arriving late will need to be escorted
to the Science Building by a parent or
Pickup time by the parents
should be 11:45 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
- For questions and comments, please contact Tammy Barnes by phone at
812-237-3010 or by e-mail at