registration is closed.
summer science camp 2015
For Elementary & MIDDLE SCHOOL Students
The camp is open to children who will be enrolled in grades K-7 next
academic year (2015-2016).
Children who enroll in the camp will be divided into three groups
according to next year's grade level.
Dates & Location
- Summer Science Camp 2015 will be held July 20 - July 31, 2015.
During this period, the camp will meet Monday - Friday.
- Most activities will take place on the ISU campus in the Science
Building. However, field trips may take students off campus. The
times of departure and arrival for the field trips may differ from
the regular session time.
Here is the possible schedule for the field trips. We will have 3 field trips this year -- two half-day local
trips and one long distance trip.
- The first half-day field trip will be on July 21, 2015.
(7:45 am - 11:45 am)
- Exotic Feline Rescue Center.
- The second half-day trip will be on July 23,
2015. (7:45 am - 11:45 am)
- The last field trip, which will be a full-day trip, will take
place on July 28, 2015. (7:45am - 4pm)
- Children's Museum (Indianapolis).
- The registration fee is $120 per student.
How to register
- Please fill out the following
forms and mail them with
check payable to Indiana State University to:
600 Chestnut Street
ISU Summer Science Camp
Center for Science Education
Terre Haute, IN 47809
- If any problems or questions please contact Alisha Pritchard:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 812-237-3010.
- Location: Room 191,
Science Building. (Please call ahead before visiting the office in person.)
Parent/Guardian INFORMATION meeting
The parent/guardian meeting will held on Thursday, July 16 at 6:30 PM
in the Science Building room 185.
About the Camp Instructors
- The camp is sponsored by the ISU Center for Science Education.
Elementary education students, in the process of completing the
Center's science methods course, will serve as the instructors of
- The student instructors will be supervised and mentored by
licensed teachers. Additional direction and
supervision will be provided by Dr. Eulsun Seung, the instructor of
the science methods course, SCED 393/SCED 393L.
- The education majors and other persons working with the camp have passed criminal background checks.
LOCATION OF THE CHILDREN'S CLASSROOMS
- The camp will meet in the Science Building. Rooms will be
assigned at a later time.
DROP OFF/PICKUP LOCATION and TIME
- While summer science camp is in session, children should be
dropped off and picked up from a central location. The location
will be at Lot 11, in front of the Hines and Jones dormitories off
of 5th Street (map). The drop off time will be between 7:45 a.m. and 7:55 a.m.
each morning. Your children will be
escorted, by University students, from
the central location to their classroom in the Science
Building. Any child arriving late will need to be escorted
to the Science Building by a parent or
Pickup time by the parents
should be 11:45 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
- For questions and comments, please contact Alisha Piper by phone at
812-237-3010 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org