Scholarship Search Tools
Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating and applying for outside scholarships. Before beginning a scholarship search, please
read this scam alert from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- BestColleges.com—visit this site for a list
of scholarship opportunities specifically given to female students.
- CollegeBoard.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship. This scholarship
recognizes undergraduate students who draw upon their cultural heritage to shape their vocational aspirations, add creative value to their
future employers, and serve their communities. The scholarship application deadline is May 1, 2015 for the 2015-16 academic year.
- EmergencyLights.net Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 15, 2014
- Fastweb.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Fifth Third Bank Scholarship Sweepstakes—a $10,000 scholarship open to all legal residents of the
United States except residents of New York and Rhode Island. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and meet other
- Finaid.org—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Financial Aid for Minority Students—a comprehensive scholarship list that includes financial aid opportunities exclusively
reserved for African-Americans, Hispanics, women, and other specific minority groups, as well as more generalized awards that are made available
to applicants belonging to any underrepresented demographic
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program —In honor of the legacy and character of President Ronald Reagan,
this program annually rewards up to 20 college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with
$10,000 renewable scholarships (up to $40,000 per recipient). Applications for this scholarship will be accepted online until January 8, 2015.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund—scholarships for Latino students
- HomeInsurance.com Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 31, 2014
- IN.gov—grants and scholarships offered by the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- John Nuttall Memorial Education Scholarship—a scholarship for Crawford County high school graduates who are
college juniors or seniors working toward a four- or five-year program leading to a degree or certification in education or school
administration. Deadline is August 1, 2014.
- JW Surety Bonds $25,000 Scholarship Giveaway—this scholarship was created to give students,
both undergraduate and graduate, a chance to win up to $25,000 toward college tuition while providing an opportunity to showcase skills in their respective fields of study.
With their applications, students will submit original content focused on a specific business category provided. Upon being reviewed,
selected entries will be posted on JW Surety Bonds' corporate blog and the student will be entered for a chance to win the $25,000 scholarship at year end.
The application deadline is September 30, 2014.
- Kids' Chance of Indiana—scholarships for children of Indiana's fatally and seriously injured workers
- Mhelpdesk Video Scholarship—a $1,500 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 15, 2014
- Nursing: A list of
outside scholarships compiled by the Nursing Program, Indiana State University.
- Scholarships.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Scholarships 360—daily scholarship features
- Scholarships for Women—information on scholarships for females, including
undergraduate and graduate students
- Wabash Valley Community Foundation—information, deadlines, and application instructions for a variety of scholarships