Student Academic Affairs

your academic major or minor

You can declare a major at the time of admission to the University, but you can declare a minor only after enrolling at the University.  In order to choose a new major, change your major in any way, add a second major, declare a minor, or add a second minor, you must submit a request. The Dean of the Academic Unit in which you wish to major or minor approves or denies your request.

If you want to declare a major or minor, or add a second major or minor, in the College of Arts and Sciences, please use our electronic form.

If you wish to declare a major or minor in a different Academic Unit than your first major, go to your first major Academic Unit office to submit the request.