Student Academic Affairs

Majors and Minors




In addition to more than 80 majors, the University offers more than 80 optional minors. A minor is an excellent way for students to increase their employability and to supplement skills and abilities offered in their undergraduate majors.

   Accounting Minor
   Advanced Manufacturing Management Minor
   African and African American Studies Minor
   Anthropology Minor
   Art History Minor
   Automotive Engineering Technology Minor*
   Automotive Technology Management Minor
   Aviation Technology Minor
   Biology Minor
   Business Administration Minor
   Chemistry Minor
   Civic Leadership Minor
   Climatology Minor
   Coaching Education Minor
   Communication Minor
   Community Health Minor
   Computer Engineering Technology Minor
   Computer Science Minor
   Computer–Aided Design and Drafting Minor
   Conservation Minor (Biology)
   Conservation Minor for non-Biology Majors
   Construction Management Minor
   Creative Writing Minor
   Criminology and Criminal Justice Minor
   Dance Minor
   Early Childhood Minor
   Earth Science Minor
   Economics Minor
   Electronics Technology Minor
   English as a New Language Minor
   English Minor
   Environmental Health Sciences Minor
   Environmental Sciences Minor
   Finance Minor
   Financial Services Minor
   Food and Nutrition Minor
   Forensic Accounting Minor
   General Family and Consumer Sciences Minor
   General Music Teaching Minor
   Geochemistry Minor
   Geographic Information Science Minor
   Geography Minor
   History Minor
   History Writing Minor
   Human Development and Family Studies Minor
   Human Resource Development for Higher Education and Industry Minor
   Industrial Hygiene Minor
   Information Processing Minor
   Insurance and Risk Management Minor
   International Studies Minor
   Language Studies Minor
   Latin American—Latino Studies Minor
   Lean Six Sigma Minor
   Legal Studies Minor
   Management Information Systems Minor
   Marketing Minor*
   Martial Arts Minor
   Mathematics Minor
   Military Leadership Minor
   Motorsports Management Minor
   Music Minor
   Non-Teaching Minor
   Occupational Health and Safety Minor
   Operations Management and Analysis Minor
   Packaging Minor
   Philosophy Minor
   Physics Minor
   Political Science Minor
   Psychology Minor
   Psychology Minor for Social Work Majors
   Public Administration Minor
   Reading Minor
   Recreation and Sport Management Minor
   Recreation Management and Youth Leadership Minor
   Sales and Negotiations Minor
   Social Welfare Minor
   Sociology Minor
   Strength and Conditioning Minor
   Studio Art Minor
   Textiles, Apparel, and Merchandising Minor
   Theater Acting Minor
   Theater Education Minor
   Theater Minor
   Unmanned Systems Minor
   Women’s Studies Minor

The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.