Assistant Professor, Marketing
- B.Sc.: University of Calcutta
- M.Sc.: Jawaharlal Nehru University
- M.Phil: Jawaharlal Nehru University
- M.S.: Louisiana State University
- Ph.D.: Louisiana State University
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
- International marketing
- Online Marketing
- Behavioral Pricing
- Quantitative Topics in Marketing (application in choice
modeling, structural equation, game theory
- Judgment and Decision Making
- International Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Biswas, A., Bhowmick, S., Guha, Abhijit and Grewal, Dhrub
(2013), "Consumer Evaluations of Sale Prices: Role of the
Subtraction Principle," Journal of Marketing, 77(4), pp.
- Dutta, Sujay and Bhowmick, Sandeep (2009), "Consumer Responses
to Offline and Online Low Price Signals: The Role of cognitive
Elaboration, " Journal of Business Research, 62(6), pp.
- Guha, A., Bhowmick, S., Biswas, A, and Grewel, D. (2013), "To
get an 'up' vote, place the smaller number 'down': Association
between vertical location and evaluations." presented at Annual
pricing Conference, Babson College, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bhowmick, S., Biswas, A., Guha, A., and Grewal, D. (2012),
"Should Retailers Present Sale Prices in Formats that Facilitate
Computing the Sale Discount: It Depends," selected for special
session on pricing at AMA Winter Marketing Educators' Conference,
St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Bhowmick, S. Biswas, A., and Guha, A. (2011), "Presenting Sale
Prices: The Role of Salience and Spatial Location," presented and
published extended abstract at Annual Pricing Conference, Syracuse
University, New York.
- Bhowmick, S. (2011), "Why do students avoid quantitative topics
in marketing? A focus group exploration," Annual Midwest
Qualitative Research Conference, University of St. Thomas,
- Dutta, S. and Bhowmick, S. (2007), "Consumer Vulnerability to
Low Price Signals: The Role of Subjective Price Knowledge,"
presented and published at Annual Fordham Pricing Conference, New
- Dutta, S. and Bhowmick, S. (2006), "Comparing Strength of Low
Price Signals Across Shopping Media: The Role of Cognitive
Elaboration," extended abstract published in proceedings of the 2006
American Marketing Association (Summer Marketing Educators'
Conference), Chicago, Illinois.
- Godbole, M. Kuzmina, Y. Green, A. Bhowmick, S. and Jaber, M.
(2007), "Antecedents and Consequences of Website Trust: Experimental
Investigation," Southeast Marketing symposium, Florida State
- Liu, C., Black, W., Bose, M. Kuzmina, Y., Jaber, M., Bhowmick,
S. and Green, Anna (2006), "The Moderating Role of Retail
Infrastructure in Post-Disaster consumer Coping and Adjustment,"
Presentation at a Special Session of the 2006 American Collegiate
Retailing Association Conference, Orlando, Florida.